Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Team Member Highlight: Jason Carraro


For the next few weeks, we'll be highlighting our team members as they prepare to run the Boston Marathon for the Franklin Park Coalition.




Jason Carraro is honored to be running for the Franklin Park Coalition. Jason is not a lifelong runner, but has accomplished more in a year-and-a-half than many do in a lifetime of running. "I found running about a year and half ago. I started for the purposes of losing weight and improving my health, specifically my blood pressure. Over the course of the past year I have fallen in love with the sport, improved, and learned more about running and some things about myself. "

Jason has had the opportunity to run in Franklin Park on a couple of occasions and wanted to help raise funds for a great organization that takes care of a beautiful green space. "Franklin Park is a great area that hosts many activities for inner city youth to enjoy. I enjoyed the beauty of the park the few times I have run in it and I believe it needs to be preserved so many others can enjoy it as well. It is important to keep Franklin Park a fun, safe, and beautiful place for children to enjoy."

Jason is a member of the Danvers 5k and Wicked Running Club. He has reached goals he never thought he could when he started. In 2011, Jason ran the New York City Marathon, his first, and now is excited to run in the most prestigious marathon in his hometown on April 16.

There are a couple of ways that you can support Jason. First of all, he and teammate Shari Hewson are co-hosting a Comedy Night at Prince Pizzeria/Giggles Comedy Club on Friday, February 24 from 6:30-9:30. Details are available at: Jay's online fundraising page.

No comments:

Post a Comment