Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Paula Radcliffe Runs Franklin Park



Thanks to Boston Marathon Charity Team Member Jason Carraro for this tidbit of both Franklin Park history and running history.

Paula Radcliffe is the current female world record holder in the marathon (26.2 mile) distance with a finishing time of 2:15:25. In 1992, she competed in the Junior World Championships, held in Boston's Franklin Park.

Paula isn't the only dedicated runner who has used Franklin Park. Right now, our team is training hard and fundraising to support youth and athletic programs and facilities in Franklin Park--keeping it a world class place. To learn more or to support the team, visit our team page at http://www.razoo.com/story/Fpcmarathoncharityteam

3 comments:

  1. this is amazing! the librarian and runner nerd in me loves this!
    jason- where did you find this info! inquiring minds want to know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw it in her book, I noticed Boston on the bib so I researched to see if it was in fact in Franklin Park....
    I just googled some combo of Franklin Park, world cross country championships and 1992....
    of course I cant find it now.....if you have no luck I can email it to you
    J

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that's perfect! just so curious as to how you came across the image and this tidbit!
    thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete